- Of Counsel
In the early 1930s, Ralph Mason and Gordon Griffin met at a YMCA camp on the Delaware River where Mason was a counselor and Griffin was a camper. It was years later in 1948 when they began their lasting professional relationship and Mr. Griffin became an associate at the law firm of Montgomery and Mason located in the First National Bank building at the corner of Witherspoon and Nassau Streets in Princeton, New Jersey. In 1955, the partnership of Mason & Griffin was formed and, shortly after, Hervey Moore joined the firm and the name changed to Mason, Griffin & Moore. In 1956, Kester Pierson joined the firm as a law clerk and subsequently became a partner in 1965. In 1973, when Hervey Moore left to become a judge, the firm’s name was changed to Mason, Griffin & Pierson. After having offices at two other Nassau Street locations, the firm eventually settled at 101 Poor Farm Road in 1985. Presently, the firm has more than a dozen attorneys. Through its directors and associates, the firm continues to take active leadership positions in several professional organizations, including the Princeton Bar Association, the Mercer County Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New Jersey Institute of Local Government Attorneys, the New Jersey State League of Municipalities, the New Jersey Federation of Planning Officials, and the International Municipal Lawyers Association. Throughout its history, the firm has been committed to maintaining strong community ties. The firm’s attorneys have served on boards of directors of corporations, educational institutions, and other charitable organizations including, among many others, Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Rotary, and the YMCA.
We are pleased to announce the election of Paul M. Bishop to the Board of Directors, Mason, Griffin & Pierson, PC. Paul, one of the firm’s senior litigators, practices business, commercial, and general litigation, and represents clients in complex disputes throughout New Jersey’s state and federal courts.
On August 23, 2023, the Supreme Court of New Jersey appointed Elizabeth Zuckerman to serve on the District Ethics Committee for District VII (DEC VII) for a three-year term. The district includes Mercer County.